Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year Everyone!!


Happy New Year!! I love the new year because it's like a fresh start, a blank page ready for whatever greatness I want to write into my life (like an amazing to-do list).  I am crazy about to-do lists.  Writing them, planning my strategy, then checking off each item fills me with an obscene amount of delight.  New Years'
Resolutions are the "grande dame" of to-do lists for the year.  This list is written with great enthusiasm and intention. Each item full of determination. This is going to be the year, I tell myself, I will check off all the boxes on the list. Then, over time, the enthusiasm wanes and the intention fades. The list has even been lost all together some years-stuffed in drawer of my mind with all the other to-do's that were lost along the way. If I shut the drawer and didn't think about them they weren't "failures".  There were fewer imperfections with which I could scrutinize and critique myself.   Then the new year would come around again and I would start the process all over again.  Maybe this year I will throw that doomed list out the window.  Maybe I won't even make a list for 2014.  Maybe instead I will embrace my imperfections, determining to seize every day and live it to the fullest.    Wait, is that the start of another list?! Dammit!  Well it's a start, a step in the right direction. Life rarely works out like you plan or think it will, even with the most amazing to-do lists (trust me I know).  So plan less and live more!! Maybe that should be the only to-do on my daily list.....if only I could put the pen down ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment