Wednesday 14 May 2014

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." Thomas Morton

It was on one rainy weekend on the coromandel peninsula I came across these two.  It would of course rain on me during what was supposed to be a beach holiday, so this particular weekend we were forced to find alternative activities.  It was at Hot Water beach we found ourselves at a great little art gallery.  I was drawn to two sketches in particular (think it was the nurse in me).  These drawings were done on pages of an old anatomy book.   The artist is an elementary school teacher according to the guy working at the gallery.  I thought that fact added such an interesting twist to the story behind these........still haven't decided where to put them in my house but I get them out to admire them on a regular basis.



Title:  Day of the Dead

Title: Rambo (lol, I love the name of this one) 

These were drawn by the very talented Jo Newsham check her out at    http://www.facebook.com/nzjo.studio

No comments:

Post a Comment