Wednesday 28 May 2014

in Remembrance.......



Words are powerful things.  I have always loved and "collected" quotes. They are mighty combinations of letters and words that can excite a riot within you or move you to tears.  There have been moments in my life that I have read quotes that are perfectly timed for that particular time or moment.  It's as if the words were there waiting for me, to speak what my heart could not say, to give me hope in time of darkness, to bring joy, to make me laugh, to teach me something, to show me a new direction......Are you like me and sometimes feel like something written was penned just for you?!

This morning, I found out that Maya Angelou (Marguerite Annie Johnson) has died.  But her "mighty combination of letters and words" will live on! 


I wish I could thank her for sharing this part of herself with us.....but somehow, I think she knows.


It is impossible to pick a favorite (for me at least) but here are a few of my top picks.

" I can be changed by what happens to me.  But I refuse to be reduced by it"

"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

"Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently"

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some STYLE"

"Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it!"

"You may encounter may defeats, but you must not be defeated.  In fact, it may be necessary to encounter defeats, so that you know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can come out of it."

What's your favorite Maya Angelou quote? Share with me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment