Wednesday 28 May 2014

The patient report......

Well after a week of a lot of nursing, patience for the patient, and peanut butter(I mean, how else are you supposed to take pills) Toby is doing much better.  He is still in a plastic cone, but I am happy to report he has mastered eating, drinking, and going potty.  The plastic cone is full of taped cracks and scratches from banging into walls, our legs, doors, anything in his path really......


He had eye and mouth surgery all in one day, two days later scratched his stitches out of his eye and we had to start over....but he is healing nicely and got a good report today at his checkup.  



The first few nights were filled with lots of worry and very little sleep....exercise, cleaning, writing and even my sanity went out the window.  I felt like it was a "trial run" for motherhood.  Until I re-discovered valerian root and "helped" my poor doggy relax.  Now all mom's reading this please don't hate me! I know it cannot compare......but I must admit I felt like I got a small glimpse into this world and was left with an enormous respect for moms who go days, even weeks without leaving the house, showering (well hopefully only days for this), getting real sleep...you are unsung heroes. And I am glad that my "trial run" was short because it was not AT ALL sweet.  I know, I know......it's not the same, but still.....


Only 1 more week to go! Then Toby and I are going to have a de-coning party ;) 






No comments:

Post a Comment