Monday 15 September 2014

On the streets of Hong Kong

This was our second stop on our trip.  Sophisicated and full of exciting, palpable energy, Hong Kong is a city that won my heart almost immediately. 

We were also celebrating our third wedding anniversary! To spoil ourselves a bit we stayed at the Mandarin Oriental.  Shout out to Laurence's AMAZING PA in New Zealand who booked a room with a breathtaking view of the harbor plus a bottle of Veuve that was delivered upon our arrival. (You are the best Pammy). Every time I stay at a Mandarin hotel I fall more in love with this hotel chain...the attention to detail does not have an equal. I'm a loyal fan for life!

Cheers to another year with my amazing husband!! So glad we got to be together 

 


Nightly light show while dining on some delicious food! 

This city is always alive, no matter what time it is.....

Love this graffiti.....discoveries around every corner!! 

I think is store probably sells one of....everything! Love how visually stimulating this city is.  You can wonder for hours and never stop discovering little visual gems. 

Max's noodle shop...a treasure and aplace you have to find when you go to Hong Kong.  I love how simple yet delicious these dishes were 

Fruit stand....

The dumpling shop that was across the street from Max's noodle shop and their lamb and scallion fried dumplings were beyond scrumptious....I wasn't even hungry but I ate myself chubby anyway!! 














No comments:

Post a Comment