Tuesday 28 April 2015

Writers Block

There has been a long silence on this blog, too long.  I have been doing a lot of really cool things but every time I sat down to write about them I felt like my mind would shut down.  I'd start to write and before the words are on the page I would convince myself that what I wrote was not good enough.  I would tell myself that I would sit down and write later or once I had everything done, THEN I would write.  Time slips by and soon I have all of these things in my life that I want to share that are in the to-do pile.  Left to gather dust, unshared, forgotten....That is not how the things in life worth sharing are meant to be treated.  Each great moment in life is like a gift and by sharing these moments we keep these memories alive.

So how do I find the words to convey the richness of moments in my life when i feel like my "word well" has run out  (and I ma usually very wordy in my writing). Or even worse the found words that I put together fall short of my expectations. It's better to not write than to write something that is sub-par, right?!  So here I sit in this unexpectedly terrifying moment facing a blank page.  I start to type with great trepidation...NO! not good enough, delete, delete, delete, and start over. Why is this so hard sometimes??!! 

I want this blog to be a place where I can share my wonderful, unexpected life.  I want it to be something that is good, something that I am proud of.  I know that writing itself is a process, a journey.  I want to be fearless in my writing! So while I navigate this crazy life of mine I want to grow in my writing (so, actually write). My hope is that the more I write the more I will grow as a writer and as a person.

I hope that those who read this will continue to follow me on my journey......my journey as a girl gone kiwi, blogger, wife, food lover, fashion lover, travelista, shopper, amateur photographer, professional dog-mom, and LIFE enthusiast.....


Here we go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment